Monday, July 16, 2012

WHOLE Wheat VS White

Hey y'all and thanks for stopping by my new blog page! I am constantly having people ask me for my yummy healthy (and not so healthy) recipes, workout plans, etc. So i figured I'd make a blog so you can have all of these things at the tips of your fingers :) So here goes nothing. 


After having our daughter last November I decided it was time for a change. I was determined to lose my baby weight and make the switch to a healthier lifestyle. The first and easiest step was switching from white to WHOLE WHEAT/GRAIN. Eating white flour products is like eating sugar, that's how your body processes it. The only reason we have white bread is because someone found a way to make softer, better tasting bread by taking away all the natural nutritiousness. When buying whole wheat bread check the ingredients and make sure it says "WHOLE", they like to trick you. 
Some benefits: 


  • Excellent source of dietary fiber.
  • Can help protect the heart by reducing cholesterol and lowering the risk of heart disease.
  • Can help a person lose weight, as whole wheat gives a sense of fullness with fewer calories.
  • Whole wheat bread also takes longer to digest and converts slower into sugar, so the person can stay fuller and energetic longer.
  • For those who are watching blood sugar levels, whole wheat bread has a lower glycemic index than white bread.
So fill your pantry with whole grain pasta's, bread, tortillas, cereal, flour, crackers, etc. 





No comments:

Post a Comment