Friday, July 20, 2012

Protein pancakes!

Pancakes are my favorite breakfast food. I could eat them every morning. Here are a few of my favorite recipes I've made so far :) 
When i bake with protein powder i like to use the "cheaper" stuff that you can find at wal-mart near the pharmacy. It's about $15-20 per tub. And for my shakes i use the "better" stuff like Gold Standard Whey or Muscle Pharm Combat :) That way if im experimenting with a new recipe and it's a total fail I dont feel so bad for wasting it! 




Banana Blueberry protein pancake


1/2 cup oat flour (i make by own by putting quick oats in my ninja food processor)
1 scoop vanilla protein powder
1 egg or two egg whites
1/4 cup almond milk or skim milk
1 tsp baking powder
1 tbsp ground flax seed
1/2 tbsp truvia
banana
blueberry


Mix everything except for banana and blueberries. Pour onto griddle and top with banana slices and blueberries, flip. I topped mine with greek yogurt and sugar free syrup :)


Pumpkin Pie Protein Pancake


1/2 cup oat flour
1 scoop vanilla protein powder
2 1/2 tbsp canned pumpkin
1 egg or two egg whites
1/4 of a banana (mashed)
3/4 cup almond milk or skim milk
1 tsp baking powder
1 tbsp ground flax seed
1 tbsp chopped pecans
1/2 tbsp cinnamon
1/2 tsp nutmeg
1/2 tbsp truvia


Mix all ingredients, pour onto griddle, flip. I topped mine with greek yogurt, cinnamon, shopped pecans and sugar free syrup. 










Peanut Butter Cup Protein Pancake


1/2 cup oat flour
1 scoop chocolate peanut butter protein
1 tbsp PB2
1 egg or two egg whites
1/4 cup almond milk or skim milk (more if needed)
1 tbsp ground flax seed
1/2 tbsp truvia
1 tsp baking powder


Mix everything well, pour onto griddle, flip. I topped mine with a mixture of greek yogurt and natural peanut butter mixed together, semi-sweet chocolate chips and a little sugar free syrup. 


You may be asking yourself why all of these recipes include flax seed, and what is it. Well, here is a website that explains the benefits that go along with it: 


http://www.livestrong.com/article/30291-benefits-consuming-ground-flaxseed/


(I buy mine at natural grocers but you can also find it online :)

No comments:

Post a Comment